Thursday, January 6, 2011

Three steps, so far.

There are many stages to unemployment I'm coming to find out.

First, I became excited.
I had a couple trips ahead of me and my birthday. Everything seemed to be fantastic. But eventually, after having fun with the trips and meeting new people it became boring.
Second, I started to miss working. Miss having something to do.
I've been here for about a month now, and it's been a little rough here and there. I was at first trying very hard to find a job, filling out a bunch of applications. I had an interview about two weeks after being here that went great. I had a job as a waitress. I was waiting tables at Red Robin, woo hoo. I didn't particularly like it or not. So, what was the only rational thing to do? Quit. After three days on the clock, I just quit. I am most definitely happy with my decision. I just don't completely understand exactly what pushed me to this point. I didn't like the job hardly at all, but I could have easily stuck it out. I could have found another job first, then quit. But I chose not to, to just end it.
Third, I became a bum.
For a bit now I've started a pretty bad habit. The habit of my day, where I don't even bother to push myself out of bed until 2pm. Where occasionally I may crack a bottle on that day around 2:20pm. I would spend most of my time with my friends that wouldn't get out of bed no earlier then 4pm for awhile. We would hand out, drink a little, watch something entertaining, laugh a lot, then go to bed. I'd hit the sack around 2am, while most likely just hanging out by myself in there until 4 or 5am. I'd just sit in bed and stumble, or watching something dumb.

And now that their gone and I'm really the only bum here left, I realize I've become a bum. I need to find a job. I need to get out of here. I need to be responsible. I need to be happy. I need to stop sounding like a broken record. Rant rant rant.

See you soon man.

No comments:

Post a Comment